Wednesday, December 18, 2013

3 Tips for selling bobbleheads

I've hit on a variety of aspects of both buying and selling.  I'm focusing this entire post on the selling side.  As you know, I buy and sell bobbleheads (as well as a few other things, nothing major but my mom is trying to make a wave - they are moving to a new house and neither her nor I want to be moving lots of stuff that they don't need in the new house, so her genius idea - have Scott sell it on ebay and craigslist).  I know I know, lucky me - right?

The first part of selling - know what you are selling.  It doesn't take much research to know if you have something worth $10, $100, or $1000.  But asking $1000 or even $100 for something that routinely sells for $10 is absolutely ridiculous.  In terms of bobbleheads, sometimes its hard to know what you have. Other times sellers simply don't care and just want it out of the house.

Craigslist and eBay are different!  I've mentioned this before, but people wanting eBay type money via selling on Craigslist need to realize there are huge differences between the 2 websites.  eBay offers the entire world as a potential buyer while Craigslist offers your local community and neighboring areas.  Typically Craigslist is a cash transaction type of game.  There are no fees and no shipping.  eBay costs the seller money to list and eventually sell an item.  Then on top of that the seller pays a shipping fee as well.

Pictures, pictures, pictures.  Post pictures!  I've responded to a few Craigslist posts asking to see pictures of a specific bobblehead they have listed.  Most of the time, I get a positive response back with requested picture.  There are times where I'll get an email saying "its so and so's giveaway bobblehead."  I'll kindly reply back 2 things.
1. I need a picture if you want to sell it.
2. There are different giveaways of various players.
In the end, I either get a picture or stop the communication.

Those 3 tips will help you, I promise you that.  Do a little research, know the differences (and therefore how to market) of Craigslist and eBay and take pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment