Sunday, June 18, 2017

Munchkin in Bobblehead Form

Today was my first ever Father's Day.  I had plenty of time to reflect and think about what the last 11 months have been like for me.  Other than simply amazing and incredibly busy they have been 11 of the most rewarding months of my life.  My daughter, Anneliese, was born on July 7th 2016.  After a week in the NICU we were able to go home and start life with a baby.  Jess and I were prepared (at least as much as we could be) but its still so much more than I can explain.  The feelings, the nerves, the joy...all of it is so much more.  Father's Day was quite similar.  Jess and Anneliese made it even more special when they surprised me with a bobblehead of Anneliese.  This is the third one Jess has done for me.  And as of now, it completes our family.  The first one was my wedding gift from Jess. Then came our dog in bobblehead form as a Christmas present.  And now for my first Father's Day is Anneliese in bobblehead form.

I couldn't be happier.  


No comments:

Post a Comment