Thursday, September 11, 2014

A rare Rod Carew bobblehead!

I hadn't ever seen this bobblehead before but knew I'd like to add it to my collection when I saw a picture of it.  This is part of my great month or so (really it probably stretches about 6 weeks).  I traded a friend for it and am happy its part of my collection.  Most minor league bobbleheads aren't worth a ton and I have no idea what the value of this one is, but it doesn't really matter - its Rod freaking Carew!

Wilson Tobs was the Twins minor league affiliate in the early to late 60s.  Rod Carew played for the team in 1966.  The team honored him with a bobblehead giveaway in 2004.  I'm unsure how many were given away but would think in the 500 to 1000 range.

I don't know much more than this, if you do, please leave a comment and fill us all in with more details!!  Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment