Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Holy Grail of Twins bobbleheads?

I've heard this referred to as the "Holy Grail" of Twins bobbleheads from several collectors.  Given its rarity, I figured I'd never see this in person let alone have the chance to add it to my own collection.

As the story goes, 50 of these bobbleheads were made by the Twins.  They handed them out at a special "roast" of Carl Pohlad.  This event was an invite only type of thing.  I can only guess that the most important of important Twins officials were present.  Anytime you have a limited edition of 50 items, each one will be somewhat valuable.  Given that this is a Twins bobblehead, produced by AGP and of the former owner himself, that rarity skyrockets.

Like I said, based on everything above, I didn't think I'd ever come across one of these.  And as I mentioned in my last post, the past month has been pretty damn lucky for me.  My fortunes were at their highest when I was able to acquire this bobblehead.

Without further ado, the so-called "Holy Grail" of Minnesota Twins bobbleheads, Carl Pohlad.


No comments:

Post a Comment