Sunday, May 17, 2015

Goldy Bobbleheads - 2 Swimming Variations

Here are 2 different variations of Goldy as a Swimmer.  I blogged about these bobbles recently after I found the second one, but at the time, I didn't know the story behind them, now I do!  The "U of M" was the original Goldy Swimming bobble.  When the U received the first small shipment of these they noticed the "M" was not the Minnesota M, but the Michigan M.  I added a picture of each "M" below the bobbles.  The U quickly revised the bobblehead and had the correct Goldy Swimmers sent. I've heard the original batch was around 250, so the "error" bobblehead is quite limited.  The story behind these 2 bobbleheads is pretty interesting to me and I'm glad I was able to find both of them! Beyond that, I believe they were giveaways at swim meets at the Aquatic Center.  




No comments:

Post a Comment