Sunday, December 15, 2013

It's in the details

My favorite bobblehead to collect is that of Goldy Gopher.  I graduated from the University of Minnesota in 2002 and I absolutely love my Golden Gophers.  The University put out a variety of Goldy Gopher bobbleheads in the 1990s and early 2000s.  Gold Country, a campus apparel store in Dinkytown also produced a few Goldy bobbleheads.  Many different sports departments designed their own version of Goldy.  You'll see my entire Goldy collection at some point, but the purpose of this post is to explain a bobblehead can look almost the same but as the title says...it's in the details.



At first glance these bobbleheads look the same.  Both are Goldy swimming bobbleheads.  I've had one for a while and I recently picked up the other at a local thrift store.  But when I compared it to the one I already had, there was one major difference.  As you can see, one has "U of MN" on the base while the other one clearly reads "Minnesota".  For my collection purposes even tho Goldy looks exactly the same, I will keep both of these bobbleheads because the bases are different. 

When buying bobbleheads, notice little differences like this.  I knew there was a Goldy Swimming bobblehead, but never knew there were 2 different versions!  


No comments:

Post a Comment