Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Fail! - My first garage sale

I saw a listing on craigslist that included the words I love to see "several Twins bobbleheads."  The sale started at 8:00 on a Thursday morning.  I got to the sale just after 8, probably around 8:05, casually strolled thru the sale items and didn't notice any bobbleheads.  Figuring maybe they hadn't set them out yet, I asked the nice lady hosting the sale.  Her response, "I'm very sorry but we already sold them this morning!"  At that moment, those 3 little words "several Twins bobbleheads" struck me again and I knew what I was in for.  After a full season of hitting garage sales, I'm still not sure of the etiquette, plenty of people say "no early birds" while others obviously don't care.  I try to be respectful  of the hosts/owners as much as I can.  But now...after my first garage sale and immediate first failed garage sale...it was on.  I'm a competitive person (ask my wife).  Game on.

No comments:

Post a Comment