Monday, April 7, 2014

How to keep track of all these bobbleheads

This is a bit of a different blog post.  For the longest time I'd just try to remember the bobbleheads I have and the ones I'm most interested in acquiring.  Then I started a couple different excel spreadsheets.  My problem was continuing to update the spreadsheets as I ran across more bobbleheads.  I wasn't sure what  I should do.  I knew whatever it was that I'd end up picking, I wanted it to work for a long time but I didn't want it to be online.  I came to one conclusion...Microsoft Access.  It's a database tool, so really it should be perfect for me.  It's a huge time commitment tho, and that's my problem right now.  I update it when I have time and over the next couple of months, it should be complete - at least with the bobbleheads I own and some of the ones I'd like to own.  If you are looking for something to track you bobbleheads...depending on what you are comfortable with, Excel or Access should work for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment