Saturday, June 28, 2014

Displaying bobbleheads

I've had this post in the back of my mind for a while.  From time to time I see bobbleheads with significant color distortion.  At first I figured it was a manufacturer defect (just like extra paint or other things routinely seen).  But after seeing this a few time different times, it hit me!  It's actually from the sun.  Im sure plenty of people display their bobbleheads where natural light (ie - sunlight) hits the bobblehead.  Remember to consider this when displaying and/or storing your bobbleheads.  

I currently have many of my bobbleheads in sturdy plastic totes, individually wrapped with bubble wrap or in their original boxes (if I have the box).  I have others displayed in a room in my basement.  This room has a blackout shade that is almost always pulled down over the window.  Eventually I'd like to have them displayed in my mancave but need to build some shelves first!  

Speaking of bobblehead displays...respond to this post and share pictures and/or ideas of how you display yours.  Other useful tips are always welcome too!  

No comments:

Post a Comment