Monday, June 16, 2014

Tis the season...

Springtime in Minnesota guarantees many things.  Mosquitoes, Twins baseball, planting season and garage sales.  Garage sales are always a good source of finding treasures, that is, if you are lucky.  Usually you just search through other people's junk!  I've blogged about garage sales in the past. Check out this post as well as this one.

I also wrote about my top 5 Garage sale finds from 2013.  Here they are again.
Number 1
Number 2
Number 3
Number 4
Number 5

Since its the garage sale season, I wanted to get a blog out.  Many sales are incredibly fair and some even beyond fair (those are the ones that just want their "crap" gone).  Other sales...are pretty much the opposite. I stopped at one a month or so ago, they had maybe 20 different bobbleheads, ranging from local stuff (Twins, Wolves, Vikings) to national stuff that didn't interest me much.  I believe the cheapest bobblehead they had was $14.  Not exactly a garage sale price.  It appeared that the owners simply went on eBay and found listings of similar bobbleheads and discounted their bobbleheads by a couple dollars...seriously...a whopping 2 dollar difference!  Obviously that one was a bust.  As I found last year....more often than not garage sales don't pan out, but it seems like when they do, they are well worth it! I'll write about the good ones later.  Until then...good luck hunting!


No comments:

Post a Comment