Monday, January 6, 2014

2013 Best Garage Sale Finds #2

This past summer I scored my second biggest find at a local garage sale.  I saw an ad on craigslist for a garage sale that included bobbleheads.  Luckily for me, I looked because the garage sale started the next morning.  I figured I'd run over on my way to work.  I'm so glad I did.  A couple people were looking around at all the items for sale.  I immediately found the bobbleheads.  The sellers had a huge collection of bobbleheads, not only sports, but comic bobbleheads, celebrity bobbleheads, minor league bobbleheads...tons of them.  I'd guess there were between 50 and 60 bobbleheads for sale.  I didn't look at them all, but they ranged from $1 to $3.  Perfect garage sale prices in my opinion.  I picked up several and asked if I could place them somewhere safe as I couldn't carry all the ones I was interested in.  The sellers were extremely nice and after I picked out the ones I wanted, we chatted about the Twins season (which of course in 2013 was terrible) and whether or not Ron Gardenhire should be fired or not.  Then, something wonderful happened.  They asked...would I be interested in other Gopher and/or Twins bobbleheads. Uhhh, duh, does a bear shit in the woods?  Of course I said!  And out came 4 more Gopher bobbleheads and 2 more Twins.  In total I picked up 16 bobbleheads for a total of $30.  The 3 best are displayed below.

No comments:

Post a Comment