Sunday, January 19, 2014

Roy Griak bobblehead!

I saw a picture of this bobblehead a few months ago.  Until then I had heard nothing about it.  I did a little research online and came away with a wealth of knowledge about the bobblehead, but had only 1 idea on how I could possibly add one of these sweet bobbleheads to my collection.

A little background on the bobblehead.  The bobblehead was given out to coaches and some runners who were at the 25th annual Roy Griak Invitational, which was held in 2010.  Here is the U's bio on Mr. Griak.  I'm certainly not a runner (that can't be a surprise to anyone) and I've never had the opportunity to meet Mr. Griak, but he sounds like an outstanding human being.  I have no idea how many bobbleheads were produced but my guess is nowhere near what the Twins have done for any of their giveaways or even the Wild or Wolves.  



The only idea I had...actually worked.  I won't go into detail about it, but I'll say this, that golden rule of "Do unto others as you'd like done unto yourself" is spot on.  I made a super connection with a wonderful guy, and because of that, this awesome bobblehead is now part of my collection.  I am beyond thrilled that it worked out and it adds a pretty rare bobblehead to my Gopher stash!  

No comments:

Post a Comment