Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Slowing down

Perhaps it's just the luck I run into, but over the past couple of years, the spring and summer are usually when I find my best deals.  Obviously a big part of that is the garage sale season is pretty popular from May to September.  It was another great few months for me.  I've blogged previously about my best garage sale finds and I'm planning on doing another recap of that soon.  But it'll take a while for me to go thru all the deals to find the best ones.  I'm guessing since Fall is now here and winter is creeping into the picture more and more every day (or so it seems) my "finds" won't be as common.  Maybe I'll get lucky, maybe I won't.

I thought I had a to chance to get quite lucky as a collector recently found my blog and reached out to me.  He had several bobbleheads he was looking to sell.  And by several I mean...maybe 100-150? The problem I had, I was really only interested in about 10 of them.  He wanted to sell them all to one guy.  Eventually he did but that guy wasn't me.  At times, I'm glad it wasn't me and at other times, it sure would have been nice to add those 10 to my collection.  Bottom line - he found me thru my blog and that makes me happy.  No matter if you are a current or former collector, it's fun getting to know all of you.  I'll still be blogging (I sincerely hope that won't change for a long long time) but the highlights might not be as flashy as some have been in the past.

If you have blog ideas for me - let me know.  I still want to put pictures out there of your collections. I think readers would love to see other readers collections and not just my bobbleheads.  So send me an email with some pictures of your collections!

No comments:

Post a Comment