Wednesday, November 5, 2014

2014 Spring/Summer Finds #2

Number 2 on my 2014 Spring/Summer Finds list is a moving sale I found earlier this summer.  The gentleman that was moving, was truly getting rid of everything.  He wasn't necessarily a collector but had lots and lots of bobbleheads as well as a ton of other sports memorabilia.  We had emailed a couple times and he told me the names of guys he had.  I knew he had some good bobbleheads, but wasn't sure just how good they were.  When names like Puckett, Hrbek and Killebrew get thrown out there, I'm sure everyone hopes for the first year bobbleheads.  But we all know that each player has several bobbleheads and really the first year (both SGA and STH) are the ones worth good money.  

Knowing he wanted to move them, I was intrigued, so I went to the sale and bought several bobbleheads.  I had a great time chatting with him and learning more about his "collection" even tho he repeatedly said he wasn't really a collector.  

I came away with about 14 bobbleheads.  Below is a picture of the best set.  


That's right, Kirby Puckett, Tony Oliva, Kent Hrbek and Harmon Killebrew.  On top of those 4, I also picked up a couple of the 1965 Ecumen bobbleheads and a complete set of the 2001 SGA set that includes Kirby Puckett, Rod Carew, Bert Blyleven and Dave Winfield!  Sometimes its better to be lucky than good.  On that summer day, I was 100% lucky.  

1 comment:

  1. How much does a set of the 1st edition SGA Bobbleheads go for in that condition?

    ReplyDelete