Monday, November 3, 2014

2014 Spring/Summer Finds #3

Earlier this summer one of the first good finds I had was at a garage sale in Farmington.  They had several bobbleheads, mainly Twins, but a few othe random ones as well.  There are a couple reasons that this sits at #3 on my top 5 Spring/Summer Finds list.  The first, I was able to add a couple bobbleheads to my collection.  One (or should I say 2) is a bit more rare than the others.  This one was extremely cheap, actually a bit cheaper than great garage sale prices!  So I lucked out on it!  This is a retail AGP Minnie and Paul bobblehead set.  They are shaking hands (held together by magnets).



I bought several and there was a Twins nesting doll set that was intriguing.  Because I love to wheel and deal, before I accepted the sellers price for all of the ones I was buying I asked him to throw in the nesting doll set.  He had no problem doing it.  I had 2 thoughts - it was cool and possibly rare/unique.  The cool factor meant that at the very least I'd keep it for my own collection.  I hadn't ever seen one like it before but I don't really search for things other than bobbleheads.  I did a little google research and that turned up zero, which was either good news or terrible news.  I went to a local sports collectibles store and talked to the owner.  He said he had seen them before but not for quite a while and offered me $50 cash for it.  At that point I knew I had something that was somewhat unique and valuable.  Add to it that it contained the biggest of big Twins names (Kirby Puckett, Harmon Killebrew, Rod Carew, Kent Hrbek & Gary Gaetti) I knew I'd eventually sell it on eBay.  



No comments:

Post a Comment