Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th of July America!

It's July 4th and I'm writing this post for 2 reasons.  The first, its Lou Gehrig bobblehead day at Target Field. First 10,000 fans get the bobblehead.  Unfortunately, I won't be one of them.  Let me know if you have any good stories to share while you waited to get yours!  Good luck and have fun!


The second reason and certainly the more important of the 2, is that it's Independence Day.  Click the previous link to read all about this incredibly important day.  My brother shared a really cool story a couple days ago and I wanted to blog about it.  It encompasses a few things, Minnesota, bravery and heroism. I couldn't find the link to the story he sent me, but here's the same story from the Winona Daily News.  The title of the article is perfect.  1st Minnesota at Gettysbury: No Grander Heroism.  

No comments:

Post a Comment