Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Parise Bobblehead - no...not Zach

Several months ago I saw a picture of a JP Parise Bobblehead.  At the time, I knew I wanted to add it to my collection.  However, I also knew it would be fairly hard to find.  I've seen one on eBay since (the seller wanted nearly $100 for it and recently sold it for about $35 I believe).  Other than that I hadn't seen one. Then fate intervened.

I hadn't told many people about my blog until a little over a month ago when I made an announcement on my facebook page.  Thru that I was connected with a friend of a friend.  He had been collecting for quite some time and after a couple weeks of negotiations we came to an agreement.  The JP Parise bobblehead was the main part of the deal.  Obviously people know the last name of Parise because of Zach.  But his dad also played hockey, specifically for the Minnesota North Stars.  In 2008 he was named Head Coach and GM of the Des Moines Buccaneers.  To honor the hockey legend, the Buccaneers did a bobblehead giveaway of JP in 2009.  What's unique about this bobblehead?  Parise is depicted in a Minnesota North Stars jersey! On top of that...this one is signed.  I'm not into signatures, but since this one had already been signed, it made it a bit more special.

Check it out!  Leave your comments please!!




No comments:

Post a Comment